Taking your little one to the Swamp or O’Dome for the first time? Check out these tips to make the experience not just memorable, but perhaps a little easier. Also, this blog post on “Taking Baby to the Swamp” can help parents or first-time visitors with kids. Go Gators!
We are in the process of verifying baby changing stations on campus. Have a tip to share? Let us know!
Football at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- Every person entering Ben Hill Griffin Stadium needs a ticket, including infants. Per the UFAA website: “All persons (regardless of age) must have a ticket to enter any University of Florida athletic event that requires a ticket for admission.”Even if you hold your baby on your lap, you’ll be thankful for the extra seat to place your baby bag, camera, and be able to stretch out just a little bit more.
- Strollers are not permitted in the stadium.
- Outside food and beverages are generally not allowed, but they will allow baby’s food and bottles.
- Elevators are only for access to Club Seating, so plan accordingly. You may want to utilize a strap-on infant carrier to keep your hands-free as you navigate the stadium ramps and stairs.
- Baby changing stations are located in the Stadium in the following locations:
- North Endzone: Women’s Restroom at Gate 8 and Men’s Restroom at Gate 7
- South Endzone: Men’s Restroom at Gate 18
- East Stands: Women’s Restroom near Section 36 and Men’s Restroom near Section 40
- West Stands: Gate 2 Men’s and Women’s Restrooms
- There are baby changing stations located in the new family restrooms in the West concourse as well.
All sports/events at O’ Connell Center
- Ticket information per the O’ Connell Center website: For most events, all children who have reached their second birthday require a ticket to gain admittance. Any child who is not yet two years old does not require a ticket; however, they may not occupy a seat.***For certain children’s events, all children who have reached their first birthday require a ticket. Please check the event profile for your specific event for more information. For any questions, contact O’ Connell Center Guest Relations at (352) 392-5500, weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Strollers are permitted, but must be collapsible and stored in the inner lobby on the main concourse. Staff will not guard these items for you and the O’Connell Center is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged strollers.
- For your convenience, elevators are available to reach the three levels of the facility: They are located in the Gate One lobby and one adjacent to the Gate Four lobby.
- Plan ahead, and see where your seats are located with the online seating chart.